Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April Rewind

Spring is always a fun new change. The sight at the end of the tunnel for the school year, green grass and blossoms, using the grill for the first time in months, and warm play dates with friends.

Our April has been a busy one. Easter was just wonderful and General Conference was even better.
We were able to visit with old friends to kick off  the beginning of the month which was great. 
Then track season and Young Women's has filled up our calendars nice and full.
Luckily, we have had some beautiful weather and have taken full advantage of it.

On the rainy days we have had to make due and play a LOT of dress-up and take funny face self pictures.
To my surprise, I have read 2 books in the last 3 weeks.
This. Never. Happens!!
I read Bossypants by funny lady Tina Fey (laughed my rear off)

and Heaven is Here by blogger Stephanie Nielson. (Cried my eyes out)

While I loved both books and they each proclaimed how much they love being a mother, the two could not have been more different. I truly did take away ideas and values from them both and they have sparked new creativity for creating a stronger bond with my family.
 I am now on the look out for my next book read and need some suggestions.
Also, I found this quote and printed it out to put where I will see it every day...

No comments: