Monday, October 5, 2009

Fire Safety

After Gabe's birthday party we went to the local fire station to learn about fire safety! Ironically, the timing was perfect because just an hour before Sofia caught her hair on FIRE!
Connor was in heaven! To be this close to so many firemen and get to sit in the fire truck was almost to much for him. He was beaming from ear to ear!!

Sliding down the fire pole!

In the fire truck.

Ellie taking a class about what to do if you woke up and your room was filled with smoke!

Connor looking at unsafe things in a house. Each room shows what happens if we are not careful. Some of the rooms actually spark and smoke and others have electric currants.

Watching them show us how they do a rescue.

Putting out a fire!!


Laura said...

Sofia catching her hair on fire must have brought back some horrible memories for you. That was one very stinky hallway in high school. Burnt hair smells really bad.

Jaime said...

I actually recounted my own experiance for everyone there! Yes bad memories, yes! I am so glad that you have that image in your memory as well as I do.
How funny/ tramatic.

Kara said...

Good thing she has curly hair so we can't really tell. I think she'll be more careful now. Jaime, I must say that your picture taking skills are becoming quite good. It was so good to see you guys! Thanks for coming up here!

Sara said...

you guys take your kids to the most fun things! Looks like you all had a great time. For whatever reason I can't see your hair on fire video, sound tramatic!

GiGi said...

What a wonderful experience for these kids!!! I'm sure Connor will want to be a fireman when he grows up and Ellie's smile now with two missing teeth - priceless!

mom/Anne said...

I love, love, love your blog, Jaime! I love to see all the pictures of the kids! I can't believe the kids wanted to touch the snakes. Brave kids. Patient snakes.