Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer....finally!!

Summer has officially started for the Olsen family! As soon as all the birthdays start, and we get Daddy all to ourselves for a few months...and of course we kick off the season with our first trip to go see Grandma Jan in California. Scott took the oldest two down a day earlier and Macie and I came after our Primary activity on Saturday. We celebrated Macies birthday with a cake Daddy made and trick candles, (that I am not so sure she liked blowing out). We are ALWAYS super spoiled by Jan and Allen when we visit and get treated like we are on vacation at a resort. This is my favorite part of the trip.... well this and IKEA.
Allan's famous homemade salsa and guacamole!!




We love to visit Garrett , Auntie Patty (who had a B-day also) and Uncle Pat and see GiGi! The kids end up sleeping really good after swimming in the pool ALL day! It was 101 degrees the day we left. I miss it already.

4 comments:

The Duckworth Family said...

How fun! I wish we had family in CA to go and visit! Heck I wish we had family anywhere close to visit! Although CA would be nice for the weather, beaches, etc...
Looks like you guys had a good time and don't worry, it's supposed to get hot this week! Maybe we'll see you guys at the park tomorrow?!

Patty Poo said...

It was great seeing all of you! Jaime your kids are darling! And wow.........I got a new chair out of the visit!!! I love my sister Lyn!! She's my favorite sister! I hope Jan doesn't read this.....LOL!! I love you...........Auntie Patty

Kara said...

Happy Birthday Macie... and almost Connor. Does your aunt want us to come down with her :)?

mom/Anne said...

I don't know if you'll see this comment Jaime, since I'm leaving it so late, but it looks like you guys had a great time down in CA. That pool is beautiful.

It was so much fun having you guys over for the 4th. While Ellie was sitting on my lap for the fireworks she said, "I wish GiGi was here." Thanks for coming over and enjoying great food and fireworks with us!