Sunday, June 19, 2011

dad

. .
.


*This is the man that told me fantastic bedtime stories.
*He is responsible for my thick hair.
*This man taught me to stay out of the sun before 3 pm yet never made me feel bad for laying on the balcony surrounded by tin foil covered in baby oil.
*This man would stay up into the late night helping me with my homework. He is the reason I graduated from high school. Embarrassingly enough, he REALLY is.
*This is the man that obsessed over his lawn and taught me to appreciate keeping things neat and orderly.
*He is the first person I talked to when I had deep life questions.
*This man has sacrificed a lot of brown hair to the drama of 3 teenage girls.
*I have never known a man to make a 15 minute trip to the grocery store last 2 1/2 hours because he is so friendly and chatty and knows everyone he sees and has to get every detail of what is going on in their lives.
*This man loves his family and would give everything he has to see them happy.
*He is a hero of a grandpa and one heck of a Wii bowler.
I cannot say enough wonderful things about my father. He is such an exceptional man. A man of many words. When he speaks, I listen. He is a dad to me as well as a wonderful example to my kids that adore and crave time with him.
Happy Father's Day.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I totally agree. Your dad is just plain awesome.