Saturday, May 29, 2010

smitten

We are home and happy!


This little guy is as sweet as can be. The labor and delivery went perfect and smoothly. It took a little longer than I thought, come to find out I was delivering an almost 9lb baby!! My biggest for sure!


It has been a challenging recovery for me, but only because I had emergency eye surgery 2 days before I delivered. It has been awful to see your brand new baby through only one eye. I'll fill you in on the surgery in another post. (it's yucky)Ellie went straight from the hospital to Corvallis with Grandpa and Grandma Olsen so she hasn't been able to see her new little brother much but Macie is getting her fill....she LOVES him.
Connor on the other hand is still a little nervous to touch him and has only held him once. Which as you can see did not go all so well. But boy does he have tonz of questions for me about why "he sounds like a goat" and he thinks it is beyond hilarious that I feed him milk like a mama cow.
Thank you to everyone who has been so kind to us and helped us out over the past week. We are really spoiled with wonderful friends and family.

9 comments:

GiGi said...

Jaime: He is such a doll! And, if you are sure you brought the right baby home, you have permission to remove his wrist band. Scott: thank you so much for giving in on this little fella's name - I think you were just way out numbered. You are such a neat Daddy. Love to you all.

Rohatinskys said...

Awwww!!! Congratulations. You have no idea how baby hungry he makes me (...even though the last thing I want or can do right now is to be pregnant). I am so happy that you got your epidural and your name!!! Good luck with your eye and delivery recoveries. I wish I were there to help out! Keep posting pictures- he is ADORRRRAAABLLLLEEEE!!

SuzyQ said...

What a handsome little guy! I am so happy for his safe arrival. I am also so sorry for your double recoveries....I can't imagine having to heal from a delivery and eye surgery at the SAME TIME!! Yeah for Scott finally letting you have your name. I love it! Lots of love to all of you and keep the pictures coming!

Sam said...

How sweet :) He looks like Connor. Good luck with everything.

Amber said...

How cute and fun! Love the name. Would love to see you when I'm in KF in a couple weeks.

Rachel Garcia said...

A goat?? too funny!

Molly said...

OH man, Jaime, I have heard about all your eye trauma and the baby and everything! I have been thinking about you tons. He is a beautiful baby and I am glad that the delivery went well. You pretty much rock!

Nicole said...

He is so sweet! It seems like just yesterday that I had my little Kade and now he is 7 MONTHS OLD! It goes so fast, enjoy that little sweetheart! I don't know anything about your eye issue, hope everything is better:)

Auntie Jan said...

Great move Jaime, the eye surgery thing to get Scott to give in on Sawyer's name!!! I bow to you!!! He is the cutest thing EVER, who does he look like???? Who's the daddy?????? HaHa, he is a doll. Give him a big kiss from me!!! XXOO